Tuesday, November 1, 2011

1. I am thankful for...My dog

Life gets crazy.  Life appears harder some days than others.  I don't always keep tabs on my thoughts...and find myself drifting into negative thinking more and more.  It is a downward spiral I hate-but can't seem to shake it.  I know why--and I will eventually get ahead of those negative thoughts...but for now, I need a distraction.
With this in mind, I decided to do a month of things I am thankful for in my life.

1. I am thankful for my dachshund, Chloe. She is always happy to see me.  She loves me unconditionally.  I can walk out of the room and come back and her tail wags like it would for a homecoming of a long lost family member.  When I have a stressful day, or feel sick, or just need a lift in spirits.  She is there wagging her tail or snuggled up against me contentedly.  I can do no wrong in her eyes (or if I do-a treat, a throw of a ball or Squeak make everything right in an instant.)

She is instant happiness.  A smile maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment