Saturday, November 12, 2011

12. I am thankful for...Books

Reading is a hobby, an escape--a way of life for me. 

I love to read.  I love the places books take you and how they allow you to be someone, be somewhere, experience something from your couch, bed, waiting room, park...wherever--

Books get me through stressful times.  I have literally gone through periods where a book never left my hand.  If I had a minute-waiting for a doctor's appointment, waiting for a TV show, waiting for dinner to cook...my nose was in a book.  Otherwise my mind would wander to the stressful situation currently trying to occupy every waking moment.  Reading was the only thing keeping me sane.

I read daily.  I find things to read when (gasp) there isn't a book in sight.  Like food boxes. (Come on-If you love to read you KNOW that you read them, too).

I used to check out 15 books a week during the summer before 4th grade.  (Typically 14 Hardy boys, nancy drew, cherry Ames student nurse, Bobbsey twins, Trixie Belden, Boxcar Children and 1 non-fiction)

I have a 200+ TBR (To-Be-Read) list on Goodreads (let me know if you are on there, too--we can "be book friends") and I will read them all, yet never will my TBR list drop below 200-I find books daily to add to it.  That's ok.  I plan on a lifetime of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment