Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012-My year in books

I read almost 70 books this year-I wish there was a way to tally all the blogs I read, too. That would account for 100 books total-I am sure! I seem to spend more time on the computer "reading" than actually reading books. This upcoming year I do have a solution, though! My sweet husband gave me a Kindle Fire! So books are always at my fingertips! I am sure I will top 100 books this way!
So on to the list:
Favorite book of the year: Ready, Player One by Earnest Cline
Favorite Classic: Pride and Prejudice
Favorite new (to me) series: The Fever Series, by Karen Marie Moning, Actually, the audiobooks are awesome! So listen to them if you can.
Favorite Book Club book: In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote
Other recommended reads The girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, Steig Larsen Little Women, Louisa May Alcott Graceling, Kristin Cashore Life of Pi, Yann Martel (This was a very good audiobook) His Majesty's Dragon (listen on audiobook!) Pillars of the Earth
Receommended for SLP's: Carly's Voice: Breaking through Autism, Aurthur Fleischmann (makes me look at my students with autism and go hmmm...)



****The interesting thing about my entire list is every book-All of my favorites-except Graceling, In Cold Blood and Carly's Voice-were "read" in audiobook format. I can say that this format greatly enhances books as I tried to read Little Women and Life of Pi in the past and they didn't appeal to me...but as audiobooks they were wonderful.


Here are all of my reads for 2012:

Lisa's bookshelf: read-2012


goodreads.com

1 comment: