Sunday, February 20, 2011

Boredom

I am bored.
It's still winter, and I know a good part of this boredom is related to that.  I hate the cold and cloudy weather.  I want to be outside. I want to dig in the dirt and grow things.  I want to wake up to sunshine and birds singing.  I want to walk and run in the fresh (warm) air.  This year, the boredom is sharper. I wander around the house searching for something to spark some interest.
I can only tolerate surfing the internet, reading blogs and staring at the walls for so long.  TV has little appeal, perhaps because I only have a few shows I like anymore.  Maybe it's because the husband watches sports non-stop and I end up dvr-ing my shows and watching them weekend mornings.  
I love to read, but lately even reading doesn't have the same kind of draw as it usually does. I like to cook, but have no interest in food.  I eat but don't find comfort from it like I usually do.
The husband's IBS is flaring up from all the stress lately, so he usually just wants to sit on the couch and watch TV.  I just can't do that.  But I don't want to go out either.  It's cold. I don't want to shop.  I don't want to clean.
I don't want to DO anything...yet I'm bored doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment