Sunday, February 21, 2010

Winter Hope

This weekend my husband and I drove up to Erie, PA because we heard the lake (at least parts) was frozen. It was. The pictures just don't so it justice. It was a sunny-blue sky day. The ice sparkled in places. It was cold. It was windy. It made us feel like we were looking at Alaska or the North Pole (Thankfully, it wasn't as cold as those places-but it was cold enough to make both of us wish we had worn long underwear.)



As we were leaving we walked by this tree:



I looked and looked again. I had my husband double check what I was seeing. I started laughing-and smiling. Why, you ask? Look a little closer:



That's a bud-on the tree. A healthy new bud. The tree is full of them! In the middle of the snow!

After the snowiest month ever there is HOPE! Spring is still coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment