Friday, February 12, 2010

The Flamingo

Several years ago I decided to start making all of my Christmas cards by hand. One year, when we lived in Florida, I made a tropical Christmas card. It has Christmas lights on a palm tree, snowflakes and a flamingo. I sent it out to family and friends. My dad and step-mom loved it so much they decided to frame it and display it every year. Fast-Forward a couple of years and I finally make it home for Christmas to find this:


Notice anything missing?

Me: What happened to the flamingo's head?
Dad: It arrived that way.
Me: In the mail?
Dad: Yes, When we opened it-it was headless.
Me: Why didn't you tell me?
Dad: I don't know.
Me: WHY DID YOU FRAME IT?
Dad: Well, we really like it.
Me: BUT IT IS HEADLESS!
Dad: Yeah, well we looked for the head in the envelope.
Me: and yet, you framed it and have it out EVERY YEAR?

It has taken a couple of years to find the replacement flamingo-especially since I now live in Pittsburgh. Today (after 5 or more years on display) I finally was able to fix it.

You can't see it-but there was a "Merry Christmas from Florida" sign on this card which completed the theme.


1 comment: