Sunday, December 25, 2011

More December ramblings

I found one of my favorite Christmas movies from childhood on you-tube.  The Christmas that Almost Wasn't.  I loved this movie as a kid-and our local (now fox) station played it every year.  It's a cross between A Christmas Carol and a musical.  It is amazing how many of the songs/scenes are familiar-when I have not seen it in a very long time.  decades. plural. The movie is older than I am...but I still love it.  Nostalgia and all that.

We went on our annual Christmas Eve night pilgrimage to find driveways and streets lined with Luminaries.  I love luminaries.  The ones made from lunch bags.  (There are no pictures because I drove.  The husband was whining miserable from a Man-Cold and didn't think to take a picture.)
We found some-but not as many as my childhood, where entire neighborhoods would be lined.

We also looked at lights.  Christmas fact:  If you find a house or street with amazing lights at 11:45pm on Christmas Eve-someone in a hurry pulls up behind you and doesn't care that you are looking at the lights. Without fail, if I turned one way-so did whatever car was behind me at the time, turned that way, too.  I pulled over, put flashers on...it didn't matter.  Cars always found a way to come up an insist I move.

It is 5pm on Christmas day and the Husband is still in bed with the aforementioned Man Cold.  He must really feel bad.  He slept through football yesterday and we didn't go to his family.  *It should be noted that *I* had this cold last week and took a 4 hour nap after our foster class and maybe 2 sinus pills.  The end.

The husband got a train for Christmas.   He has been wanting one-so I picked up a cheap one-not the Lionel set of his dreams.  He played with it, man-cold and all, for an hour last night-until we both could'nt stand it any more.  The cheap train sounded like a weed-eater.  Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz SO LOUD that we couldn't hear the train noises-or the music it played-or the TV for that matter.   Guess who will be in line returning it tomorrow.  I can't get it out of the house fast enough.  Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment